Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sens-Asian-al Jazmine?

OK, one more Reno post. Before I forget, I must mention Jazmine. Why, you ask? Well, look below!

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Is it anything like the amazing grub, whether it's Japanese, Chinese, Korean, or Vietnamese, that you'll regularly find in our own dear Chinatown? Nope. But for Reno, it will do.

Until China Mama opens a Washoe County outpost, it's OK to settle down here and grab some potstickers. The veggies inside did taste fresh, and the potstickers did keep me satisfied. And the egg rolls were fried just right... Not too greasy, but still crispy outside.

I also ordered the braised tofu with black mushrooms and bok choy. Everything was quite tender to the mouth, and the tofu actually acquired some good flavor from the salty-sweet soy marinade used. But at the same time, I could still taste the natural flavors of the veggies. All in all, not bad.

So while I may not be flying to Reno any time soon to drive to South Meadows in search of "the perfect Asian meal", at least I know I can come here for good grub. (Did you hear that, Santa Fe fans?)

Style: Casually Elegant Pan-Asian
Price: $$
Open: Lunch & Dinner

The Rating
---

Food: 4.5 (out of 5)
Service: 2.9 (out of 3)
Ambiance: 1.8 (out of 2)
Overall: 9.2 (out of 10)
Solidly Good Grub

Jazmine on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment