Friday, May 6, 2011

La Cave Revisited

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Remember my fabulous time at La Cave in December, right after it first opened? Well, I hadn't had a chance to visit in a while... But I finally returned a few days before I left town. And much to my delight, the food still delighted me. And to make my evening even better, I discovered its pool view terrace!

Where should I begin? How about drinks! I ordered a mojito, and I got a good wallop of good rum! It was sweet and refreshing, but not sickly sweet and showing off enough lime tartness to keep it interesting and fun.

I had another flatbread/pizza, but I still wanted to switch it up, so this time I ordered one with prosciutto, caramelized onions, arugula, and a light cream sauce. It all came together beautifully. The salty prosciutto, sweet onions, and pepper arugula made for a great contrast of flavors. And the bread still tasted as fresh and soft as ever.

What also put a smile on my face is perhaps my new favorite dessert, the American Chocolate Cake at La Cave! I know I'm a sucker for nearly anything chocolate, but I have a hard time seeing anyone turn away all that rich chocolate ganache covered in rich chocolate fondant. It's just so sinfully delicious!

And now that summer pool season is raging in Las Vegas, do try to snatch a table outside if dining around sunset. The views of Wynn's breathtaking pool are captivating. For a moment, one might forget about the sweating hoi polloi gorging on footlong margaritas and nasty buffets when noshing here. ;-)


Style: Elegant Casual

Price: $$$

Open: Lunch & Dinner


The Rating

---

Food: 4.9 (out of 5)

Service: 2.9 (out of 3)

Ambiance: 2.0 (out of 2)

Overall: 9.8 (out of 10)

Outstanding, Destination Eating!

La Cave (Wynn) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment